We’ve put together a list of the best podcasts for middle school aged students. Podcasts that will not only help them learn, but will touch on subjects that are worth talking about.
There are plenty of benefits of listening to podcasts and for middle school aged children, they have a lot to offer.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Podcasts for Middle School
Similar to audiobooks.. podcasts offer these benefits:
- It cuts down on screen time and helps take their eyes off the electronics.
- Podcasts help stimulate the brain through entertaining story telling.
- They touch on educational topics, mental health, and often real life current event topics.
- They are convenient and can be listed to everywhere making them a free summer activity for kids.
- You can listen to the podcasts with your child as a fun way too spend time with your teen/tween.
- Podcasts encourage conversation and thinking. Not to mention help boost their imaginative skills.
- Teach active listening skills to kids.
- They’re less expensive than books and you can find many of them for free.
Podcasts for Middle School
These podcasts are great for middle school students who are struggling with their studies. You’ll be able to listen to them anywhere and anytime! Whether you’re looking for an educational podcast or one that helps you relax, there’s something here for everyone!
Podcasts for middle school are one of the things we haven’t touched on much when it comes to homeschooling. We’ve listed to quite a few of the audiobooks and next I want to venture into more podcasts.
You may also like: 8th grade reading list
If you’re looking for some of the best podcasts for middle school students, we’ve put together a few that are worth tuning in to and some that we will be checking out.
Best Podcasts for Middle School Students
1. Book Club for Kids – Devoted to middle grade books and readers, each Book Club for Kids show features students discussing a book, hearing an interview with the author, and a celebrity reading.
2. Kid Friday – A news show for kids that goes over technology news and products they might be interested in. Started by a dad and his two children, kids will find it educational, interesting, and fun.
4. Smash Boom Best – Who doesn’t love a good debate? This podcast features debates on a variety of different topics in a way that middle schoolers can relate to.
5. Tween Talk – Covering health, beauty, fashion, food and more, Tween Talk is a middle school podcast that’s great for ages 9-13.
6. Stuff You Missed in History Class – Another history themed podcast, this one goes over some of the strangest things about history that you may not have known about.
7. KidNuz – A news show that goes over current events and topics from politics to entertainment, sports, and more.
Interesting & Educational Podcasts for Middle School
9. Eleanor Amplified – Follow Eleanor, a journalist who is looking for the “big” story as she uncovers some crafty villains on her adventures.
10. The Past & The Curious – We love a good podcast about historic people and events. The Past and The Curious goes over some unique people in history. What we love about it is that many of the historic people that are featured are kind of unknown but have offered a lot in shaping our world.
11. Girls Make Beats – One of the most popular podcasts for middle school girls, Girls Make Beats goes over relevant topics for girls. Topics like fashion, music, and current events are just a few examples.
12. Tweens Not Kidz – Featuring hard topics on what’s really going on in life, Tweens Not Kidz covers things like real life stories, trends, and what’s going on in the world.
13. Stories Podcast – A podcast that features fun takes on classic fairytales and stories. They also have expanded vocabulary within the stories helping to introduce new words.
When it comes to podcasts, these middle school podcasts are perfect for learning and some even touch on some fun topics that are interesting and fun.
Plus, as we’ve stated above, podcasts for middle school students have a variety of benefits when it comes to learning.