Tenderstem broccoli recipes that’ll knock your socks off. If you love cooking with tender stem broccoli, you are going to love these!
While most of our dishes, like this cold broccoli salad, use traditional broccoli. We wanted to mix up our dinner nights with some tenderstem broccoli recipes.
Table of Contents
What is Tenderstem Broccoli?
Tenderstem broccoli is a hybrid of Chinese kale and broccoli. It was was first introduced in Japan in the early 1990s. It’s often called baby broccoli.
Tenderstem broccoli is much more tender and has a mildly sweet flavor compared to broccoli. The stem itself is more like asparagus while the top is a small broccoli floret so it wouldn’t work for dishes like your traditional broccoli salad.
Because the stem is so tender, you can eat the entire thing, even when raw.
Is Tenderstem the Same as Broccolini?
Yep! Tenderstem broccoli is really just a trademarked name for broccolini. If you find yourself shopping in different countries, you’ll either see it called broccolini or Tenderstem.
You may also like these vegan broccoli recipes.
Tenderstem Broccoli Recipes
As we are on our adventure to find some of the most flavorful tenderstem broccoli recipes, we wanted to share the ones we find. So far, we’ve come up with about 12 that we want to check out.
Since we are continuously hunting for tenderstem broccoli recipes, if you have one that you’ve tried and loved, we’d love to check it out! You can leave a comment below with the recipe.
1. Spring Vegetable Pie with Tenderstem Broccoli
Made with tenderstem broccoli, this spring vegetable pie combines your favorite summer veggies to make a delicious dish.
2. Fried Tenderstem Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon from Somebody Feed Seb. Garlic and lemon give the tenderstem broccoli some extra flavor.
3. Roasted Broccolini Salad
A 30 minute meal, this roasted broccoli salad adds crispy white beans and zesty Greek yogurt tahini dressing to add some flair.
4. Vegan Puff Pastry Pie with Tenderstem and Creamy Lentils from The Veg Space. Tenderstem broccoli, mushrooms and lentils in a rich and creamy sauce make this easy dish so delicious.
5. Sauteed Broccolini With 4-Ingredient Asian Marinade
A delicious side dish that you can enjoy hot or cold, this Sauteed Broccolini With an Asian Marinade will make an exciting side dish. I think this will be our first go at the tenderstem broccoli recipes!
6. Tenderstem Broccoli, Chilli and Garlic Spaghetti from Fab Food 4 All. Tenderstem broccoli, garlic, and chilli are topped on spaghetti for a delightful dish you must try.
7. Pasta with Sausage and Broccolini
Filling and easy to make, this Pasta with Sausage and Broccolini from Sugar and Snap Peas, will be a crowd pleaser that everyone can enjoy.
8. Tenderstem Broccoli Salad with Soba Noodles from The Veg Space. Perfect for lunch, this tenderstem broccoli salad is paired with Soba noodles for a filling dish.
9. Broccolini Slaw
Tenderstem broccoli, or broccolini, is combined with fresh crisp veggies and a flavorful mint dressing to make a delicious side dish. See this recipe for broccoli slaw over at Through the Fibro Fog.
10. Sautéed Broccolini from The Heirloom Pantry. A simple 10 minute side dish that you can whip up in no time, this side can go with a variety of different main dishes.
11. Tenderstem Broccoli, Pea and Spinach Frittata with Herby New Potatoes
If you want a filling and unique tenderstem broccoli recipe, you’re going to want to try this baked dish!
12. Roasted Tenderstem Broccoli with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
Tenderstem broccoli is mixed with a lemon garlic vinaigrette to make a wonderful side dish that’ll compliment any meal.
These tender stem broccoli recipes are full of flavor, easy to make, and delicious.
Hopefully, these tenderstem broccoli recipes will give you the opportunity to take advantage of that tenderstem broccoli, or broccolini, you’ve seen popping up at the store!