Unpoppable bubbles are a fun and easy DIY science experiment that you can do at home. Find out how to make unpoppable bubbles at home with the kids!
Remember how fun it was to blow bubbles and chase them around the yard. We’d always try to pop the bubbles or see how far they would travel, especially when a good breeze would come through.
As kids we loved bubbles and over the years blowing bubbles is still fun. Even as adults we love going outside with the kids to play with bubbles. There’s just something magical about bubbles for both kids and some of us adults!
Educational Ideas for Unpoppable Bubbles or Magic Bubbles
There are a lot of fun educational ideas that allow you to use this recipe for unpoppable magic bubbles.
- As a science experiment. The kids will love learning more about the science behind it as they make and play with the magic bubbles.
- Use them for summer parties. They are great for kids birthday parties, or as a fun outdoor water activity for kids to do during the warm summer months.
- Add food coloring or use dark syrup to see how the ingredients change the end result.
- Learn more about the weather by playing with the bubbles outside or making it a fun weather activity. For instance, you can incorporate this into learning about temperatures, wind or wind speed, and more.
How to Make Bubbles That Won’t Pop Easily
What you need to make unpoppable bubbles:
This unpoppable bubble recipe does not contain glycerin so it is safer for children to help make and play with. It’s an easy recipe and you only need a few ingredients to make these strong bubbles that don’t pop so easily.
- Dish Soap
- White Corn Syrup (You can use dark corn syrup but your bubbles with be dark in color)
- Bubble Wand or Straw for blowing the bubbles.
Now, I know these are called unpoppable bubbles, but they will still pop. They just don’t pop as easily as your typical soap and water bubbles. In fact, they’re so strong that you can pick the bubbles up and hold them without them popping.
How to Make an Unpoppable Bubble
Only 3 ingredients are needed for this recipe and you probably have the items around the home already. If not, the items for these unpoppable bubbles are inexpensive and you can pick them up at your local grocery store.
Magic Bubble Ingredients:
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of dishwashing liquid (Joy or Dawn is usually a favorite)
- 1/2 cup of corn syrup (we used light)
- a bubble wand or straw for playing with the bubble solution
How to Make Magic Bubbles
- Fill a large bowl with the 3 cups of water.
- Next, add in the cup of dish soap.
- Then, add the corn syrup to the soap and water mixture.
- After everything has been added to the bowl, mix the solution well.
There you have it! This is an inexpensive, fun, and educational bubble recipe that kids can play with!
Note: Keep in mind that because this recipe uses corn syrup, it will be a little sticky on the hands. Because of that, we can’t really say this is a mess-free activity for the kids but everyone will have a blast when it comes to playing with the bubbles.
Since corn syrup is sticky, you can always have the kids wear gloves to keep their hands clean. You can also mix everything outside or in the sink to help keep the mess low.
For the cleanup of the unpoppable bubbles, warm water works magic! The warm water will help with the sticky corn syrup.